LightPressPro Theme Documentation
Installing the theme
- Select the Appearance panel -> Themes.
- Click on add new theme.
- Then click on upload theme.
- Click on choose file locate lightpress-pro.zip theme in your computer.
- Select lightpress-pro.zip and click install and activate now.
- Go to Dashboard -> Pages -> Add New.
- Set the title, add the contents and add featured image (if you want).
- If you want sidebar, just select the template “Page with sidebar”.
- Publish the page. Add more in the similar way.
- Go to Dashboard -> Posts -> Add New.
- Set the title, add the contents and media files, set featured image.
- Select the category and in case if you have not added any category in your theme. You can see “Add New Category” in categories section.
- Click “Add New Category” and give name to the category and click on “Add New Category” button.
- Check the category you like and Save.
- From Admin Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize section, go to Typography Options -> Typography.
- There you can see “Choose Font Family” and there are various options in drop down.. Select one of theme and “Save & Publish”.
- From Admin Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize section, go to Footer Options -> Footer Copyright.
- From there you find a text box, write your footer copyright content here and “Save & Publish”.
- From Admin Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize section, go to Blog Options -> Blog Sidebar.
- From there you find a checkbox, select the checkbox to apply sidebar on blog posts and “Save & Publish”.
- From Admin Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize section, go to Site Identity.
- From Site Identity you will be able to add various option related to site identity like:
- Site Logo: You can add your own logo from here. Click on “Select Logo” button, choose your logo and adjust its size. Your logo will be displayed on the website.
- Site Title: Add the main site title of the site from here.
- Tagline: It changes the tagline (i.e Description) of the site. Just below the site title.
- Display Site Title and Tagline:This enables/disables the site title and tagline from the site.
- Site Icon:The Site Icon is used as a browser and app icon for your site. The icon must be square, and at least.
- Header Text Color: Allows you to select the color for the header text.
- Background Color: Allows you to change the background color.
- Theme Color: Allows you to change the color of the theme.
- Header Background Color: Allows you to change the background color of the header.
You can add an image that displays on the header of the website from here.
- Current Header: Click on “Add new image” and select and adjust image. Set image as background of header.
- Hide image: You will see this option after adding image and it will hide your background image.
- Add new image: Allows you to add more images.
- Randomize Uploaded Headers: Previously uploaded images can be displayed randomly as the background image.
- From the Customize section, go to Background Image.
- From Background Image you will see:
- Background Image: This will change the background image of the whole site.
- Preset:This will give you many choices to display your background image.
- Image Position:It will manage the position of the background image.
- Repeat Background image: On checking on the check box here, it will repeat background image.
- Scroll with page: On checking in the given checkbox, the background image will scroll with page.
- From Customize section, go to Menus.
- From Menuclick on ‘Add on Menu’ button and you will be able to create a menu.
- Now you need to add items to this created menu.
- From Customize section, go to Widgets -> Footer.
- From there you can add widgets like Search, Recent Posts, Meta, Archives etc.
Static Front Page Options
- From Customize section, go to Static Front Page.
- From Static Front Page, you will see:
- Front page displays: Select one of the two options in order to display the static content or latest content in your front page.
- Front Page: Select a page that you want to set as front page. You can add new page by clicking on Add New Page and set that as front page.
- Posts Page: Select a page that you want to set as posts page. You can add new page by clicking on Add New Page and set that as post page.
Add Custom CSS
- From Customizesection, Additional CSS.
- From Additional CSS, you will be able to add your own CSS